Eating well doesn’t mean you have to forgo all your favorite treats and comfort foods. Though most of us could use a little dietary improvement, it doesn’t have to be at the expense of enjoyment.
Whether you choose to make large or small adjustments, we can help you do so sensibly and with ease. Our approach is to have you focus on doing things better, to create healthful meals you enjoy and look forward to eating. We want to help you build healthier eating habits that:
- Are lasting
- Easy to manage
- Get you the results you desire
- You prefer and look forward to
Our approach to food and nutrition is to FEED you! We WANT you to eat! We supply the essential health and nutrition information you need to make smart, empowered decisions for yourself and your family. We help you find the right balance for you, and we work with you to keep finding creative, enjoyable ways to nourish the body, mind and spirit.
It is important to us that you eat well and feel good!
Guiding Food Principles
Our fundamental nutrition principles guide our decisions when making healthful food choices. These principles are:
- Choose clean, whole, natural foods (real food that doesn’t have to pretend it’s something else, and that doesn’t need a food label to tell you what it is)
- Consume balance meals.
- Manage hunger. Eat when hungry (not ravenous) and stop when comfortable (not full).
- Have a colorful plate. Fill your plate with 50% vegetables. No serving of food to exceed the portion of vegetables. (With a few exceptions, of course).
- Follow the 90/10 Rule: Build a healthful foundation and follow this 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time, play and have fun with your food choices. Forget the “rules” and enjoy! Your body will handle these less-than-optimal food choices, and your mind will be satisfied, too, so it doesn’t lead you to feel deprived or rebellious later on.
- Manage the mind. How you talk to yourself, how you deal with challenges, how you choose to interpret things will impact your progress. Learn how to become mentally resilient, stay focused, and motivated.
- Above all, eating should be an enjoyable experience. We need good nutrition for optimal health, but we also need “fun” foods to keep our minds and souls happy. It’s all part of healthful eating!
Call to Action!
Contact us and we’ll get you started today.